Happy Spring everyone! I love these early days of spring when the whole world feels like it’s renewing itself… well at least the northern hemisphere! In this video I enjoyed a quiet time down by the river painting on a larger canvas (for me- it’s a 12″ x 20″) I focused on values and working on creating the illusion of depth using contrast and vivid color vs. non-color.
Thank you all for your support and I hope you are all staying safe and healthy! God bless you! 🙂
Feel free to share this video with anyone who would like in-home art lessons!
Links mentioned in the Video:
Link to FREE 5-Lesson Stay-At-Home Program:
Personal Critiques from me:
France, Le Vieux Couvent: Full, starting a waiting list
Renaissance Academy of Fine Arts, JOIN now for only $47 a month!
Childrens Art Program:
Kreative Kids ART@Home
Renaissance Creative Art: Mesas To Mountain Tops 7 Videos Set Plein Air Video Series, Colorado Mountains!
ART Materials common in all videos (with the exception of drawing and watercolor videos)
• Titanium White
• Cadmium Yellow Medium
• Yellow Ochre
• Burnt Sienna
• Ultramarine Blue
• Pthalo Green
• Alizarin Crimson
• Gamsol (Odorless Mineral Spirits- available through Gamblin Products)
• Refined Linseed Oil (Also available through Gamblin)
• Some videos, Open Box M www.openboxm.com
• Some videos, www.artboxandpanel.com Both companies- great plein air easels!
Handmade wooden palettes by me:
• Signet Series by Robert Simmons: sizes 2,4,6,& 8