“TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE?” Interview Question & TOP-SCORING SAMPLE ANSWER! By Richard McMunn of:
#tellmeaboutyourself #interviews #interviewquestionsandanswers
In this job interview training tutorial, Richard McMunn will teach you exactly how to answer the interview question, Tell Me About Your Work Experience?
HERE’S WHAT RICHARD COVERS IN THE TUTORIAL:
– What the interviewer wants to hear from your answer to the interview question, Tell Me About Your Work Experience?
– The 3 things you must include in your response.
– Example scripted sample answers you can use in your job interview!
– FURTHER RESOURCES (including these slides) to help you SUCCEED.
OTHER USEFUL JOB INTERVIEW TRAINING TUTORIALS BY RICHARD:
Live Mock Interview Questions & Answers: o
Tell Me About Yourself Interview Answer: g
WHAT DOES THE INTERVIEWER WANT TO HEAR FROM YOUR ANSWER TO THE QUESTION, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE? 01: 00
They want to hear that the skills and qualities you have are a match for the role you are being interviewed for!
3 THINGS YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR ANSWER TO THE INTERVIEW QUESTION, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE? 01: 15
#1 – The name of the position you held, the name of the company and the date.
– Start off with your first job and then work towards your current or the latest job you had.
– If you have had lots of jobs that span back many years, still list them but only talk in detail about job roles where you gained relevant experience to the position you are being interviewed for.
#2 – The responsibilities you had in each job that are a close match to the role you are being interviewed for.
– It is vital you cross-match the responsibilities you held in your previous jobs with the responsibilities you will have in your new position!
EXAMPLE: “My very first job was with company X back in 2010 where I held the position of Customer Service Advisor. Within this position, I looked after all customer queries and complaints and I was required to follow strict customer service standards at all times.”
#3 – Talk about any significant highlights or accomplishments you achieved within each role you have held.
– This is important because it shows the interviewer you have a track record of success and you are a high-achiever!
– If you have a history of achievement, you are more likely to replicate that success in your new job role.
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE SAMPLE ANSWER: 03: 23
JOB ROLE, COMPANY + DATE
My first job was as an Office Administrator for company X back in 2015.
Within this role I was responsible for managing the diary, taking care of incoming post and parcels, answering customer emails and taking telephone calls, and managing the office supplies inventory.
The skills and qualities I learned within this role made me a highly organized and proficient employee.
A key achievement of mine during this role was where I took on the additional duties of another office administrator work colleague who was off sick for three months.
CONNECT WITH RICHARD MCMUNN ON LINKEDIN.COM.
DOWNLOAD THESE SLIDES + 30 GREAT ANSWERS TO INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN A PDF GUIDE: