This video explains how the customer journey is one of the cornerstones of Internet marketing and online business. All Internet marketing and every online business is based on the foundation of customer journeys.
The customer journey is the series of steps someone takes on their way to becoming a customer. The customer journey is the sequence of touch points that builds the overall experience before purchase.
The customer journey of a particular customer may have looked like this prior to the purchase:
– You publish a Tweet on Twitter, that promotes a blog post
– Someone read the Tweet and clicks the link to read the blog post
– The blog post promotes a free lead magnet, for example, a checklist or cheat sheet PDF
– The lead magnet PDF is gated behind a registration form wall, thus collecting email addresses
– You send a marketing email to your email list, promoting a webinar
– The potential customer opens the email and click the link to watch the webinar
– The sales webinar provides a time limited offer that triggers the sale
It is important to point out that the customer journey doesn’t look the same – each individual customer may have taken a somewhat different path to becoming a customer.
It is however possible to plan the optimal customer journey you want your potential customers to take – you can architect the recommended route to become a customer. This is the customer journey you think will have the highest chance of success in turning visitors into customers.
A predesigned customer journey is called a sales funnel. You can create several sales funnels, one for each product you offer, or one for each type of customer you focus on (i.e. customer segments).
With a better understanding of customer journeys and sales funnels, you will be able to create a more efficient Internet marketing system that give you more leads and customers.
Closely related to customer journeys are marketing funnels and sales funnels. Watch my other videos in this playlist for more information on those.
This video is produced by the “Monetize Your Knowledge Blog”:
Join our free Facebook group “Solopreneurs building an online business”: